Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Visitor's Survey: Part III

BONUS ROUND!
And then a Certain Young Man wandered into the apartment and wanted to put his two cents in as well.  So here it is: CYM's perspective on Paris by night:

Let's start with the basics.  What was your favorite thing that you did this week?
CYM: Maybe I don’t want to do this...Oh, not person? Thing?  Sitting in cafes talking to random people.

Would you have done anything differently?  What do you wish you knew before you came?
CYM: I guess my sleep routines were really bizarre, and so I wish I could’ve enjoyed Paris in the daylight.  Also, I would want to get a travel phone.

CYM taking a disco nap.

Was there a moment where you said to yourself, "Wow, I'm really in Paris"?
CYM:  Yes. *silence.*  There were several moments.  Ironically, it was late at night, when the streets were completely bare and empty, and it was just me, the pigeons, and some random homeless people.
HWTSP: That’s different from Columbus how?

 CYM preparing for a night of jewel-thieving.  A wrinkled thief is a thief just asking to be caught.

Best meal? Any restaurants that you would recommend to future sojourners?
CYM: I have a feeling that tomorrow’s will be my best [CYM was going out on a fancy date].  Procope.  But otherwise, I really just enjoyed the Open Cafe.  It’s the center of the gay community, so it’s a good place to meet people.

What will you miss the most about France (besides us)?
CYM: The global community [aka sexy boys].  And no work.

What was your favorite thing that I said after consuming most of the box of wine?
CYM: Oh my gosh.  It would have been more the gesture...it was when I was sitting there drinking a diet soda and you started lying on me. 

CYM has just told me that I am his hero, the wind beneath his wings.  I am moved to tears.  
This is my story, and I am sticking to it.

Worst thing about Paris?
CYM:  The smell.  The conversion rate.  The coins, I hate the little coins.The coffee; I want American coffee.

The Wheeler siblings having their daily Starbucks fix.  This was, apparently, not enough for CYM.

Last question.  What would you have to do next New Year’s Eve to top this one?
Jack:  Ooooh....Munich?  And not be single?  Make it five butts instead of four [referring to our bare-bottomed friends in front of the Pantheon].

Bonus question from AH: How long do you think you could live in our apartment?
CYM:  Question: am I allowed to clean it out?
Me: Sure.
CYM:  By myself?  I could do it.  With a partner?  Maybe two months until I hear them bitching at me so much that I have to get out?

1 comment: