Friday, May 13, 2011

My Week in Pictures

Every once in a while, when I find myself kvetching about certain aspects of living in Paris (see last post), I find myself needing a visual reminder that all is far from lost.  In fact, Paris is amazing, and I'm damn lucky to be living here.  Observe, a visual account of my past week:

Saturday: 
I was here at the Musee Rodin with the Adoring Husband.  One euro for entrance to the garden for each of us; definitely worth using up our coinage and only being able to do one load of laundry this week.

Sunday:
I spent Sunday at the American Church in Paris, home to the nicest expats and smartest (and sometimes most insanity-inducing) teenagers in Paris.

Monday:
Ok, Monday I slept in my bed.  A lot.  And did some Rosetta Stone, went running in MontEnchantedFairyLandsouris, and got groceries.  But mostly slept.  

But Tuesday:
This is a little, understated (like everything in Paris) church called Saint Chapelle.  It is overwhelmingly beautiful and awe-inspiring, and makes me wish I believed in relics.

Wednesday at my favorite haunt:
Sorry, no new pictures to mock.  I went with the explicit purpose of seeing the Rembrandt's Faces of Christ exhibit, and alas, no photography in the temporary exhibitions.  But next time, oh, it's on, Louvre.

Thursday:
I went to the Pinacoteque (Hermitage Museum) with my friend Nicole.  Alas, another museum with no photography allowed, but hopefully there is someone out there who will derive equal amusement from the close proximity to a place show-casing the art collection of the Romanov Dynasty to a sex shop.

And finally, today, Friday:
I babysat for two children who speak no English, one of whom threw such a mighty tantrum that he peed himself.  So I'm a little spent, and am forced to resort to a lazy Rebecca Black reference.

But hey, you know what?  In toto, this week was pretty fabulous, and at the end of all of it, I've got the best incentive for living in Paris dans ma cuisine:
Oh carbs, you saucy temptress, you...

5 comments:

  1. Hey, my toddler threw the same kind of tantrum today. Alas, he does speak English and got himself in a heap of trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was pretty freeing to know that really, truly, there was nothing I could say to stop him. People were staring, but all I could do was calmly wait for him to finish. Which he did, obvi, when he wet his pants. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have availed yourself of all the tempting fabulous cheeses and wines in Paris! BTW - have you come across the places that allow photography, but only for a price? Travel is SUCH fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW - I thought my full name would come through on the above post - this is LIZ (NOBODY calls be Elizabeth) from the Theatre office at OWU! I would have listed my last name but not many know that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear from you, Liz! And no, I haven't come across anywhere that charges for photos, but I'm glad to now consider myself warned :)

    ReplyDelete