Monday, September 12, 2011

Only in France...

I've (hopefully) sufficiently regaled you with the splendors of Paris: Sacre Coeur, the Seine, the masterpieces of the Louvre, crusty bread.  So for my next trick, I'd like to show you some of the wonders of everyday life in France.  Here are some of the things that you won't see in the tourist brochures, but you probably won't see in the States either...

Geese that have no fear.  I took this laying in the grass, and I was not using zoom.  If I did not have a raging fear of bird flu, I could have reached out and touched its head.

Hundreds upon hundreds of roller-bladers taking over the streets. AH and I could only watch in awe and confusion as this vast, wheeling hoard whizzed by us, blocking us from crossing the street to our metro station.  I think the last time I had on a pair of roller-blades I also owned a Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper.  But here, this is, apparently, A Thing.  A Thing so big, in fact, that AH and I were stranded for close to ten minutes waiting for the last of the roller-bladers to pass by.  

White chocolate covered Oreos?  Interesting.  But where the hell are the regular Oreos?!  Really, France? Really?

Fine, France you win, give me back the white chocolate covered Oreos, SAVE ME FROM SLIMY THINGS WITH SCALES IN JARS.  This was on the shelf near the hummus.  I don't...I can't....why?

Boobies.  In public places.  I come from a place where we cover up COSMO at the grocery stores.  But the real kicker?
I saw this the same day.  It was like this ad said to the other ad, "Boobies? Fine.  I'll see your boobies and raise you CLOSE PROXIMITY OF BOOBIES TO THE POPE." 

And what might make this even better?  By recording these images for posterity, I got to look like a perv twice today.  My mommy would be so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment