Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Conversation With AH This Afternoon

Me: Boy, I could really go for a crepe right now.
AH: Ok, we'll stop just ahead.
Me: Where is "just ahead"?
AH: Um, the end of this building.
        *Several more blocks pass with nary a crepe in sight*
Me: Seriously, I'm hungry.  Where are my crepes?
AH: Right at the end of this building, you'll be fine.

My suspicions are aroused.
I am right to be suspicious; we are walking next to the Louvre.

I immediately replace my plans of going to the Louvre as soon as possible with a training plan consisting of working my way up through gradually larger museums.  Right now I don't think I'd make it through Greek sculpture.

Lest you fret, dear friends, my tenacity was rewarded with nutella-filled crepe eaten in the sculpture garden of the Louvre on an unseasonably warm, sunny January day.

No comments:

Post a Comment