Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Tally: First Installment

As soon as the AH and I began telling people that we were moving to Paris, the first thing people would say would be "will you be having children over there?" (the answer at the time: no.  The answer now: HELL no).  They would then proceed to either tell us that A) the French are horrible, unforgivable snobs who will have you guillotined on sight or B) they are a heaven-sent people who poop creme brulee and will offer you their first-borns.  Ok, so I exaggerate, but there did not seem to be much middle ground on the topic.  And so, being that I have a gift for and a love of judgment, I have decided to do the world a favor and answer the question once and for all: are the French really assholes?

Right now the tally is at....
ASSHOLES: 0    NOT ASSHOLES: 1

Thanks to our waiter tonight who put up with our horrible French, switched to English, showed me where les toilletes were and gave us complimentary drinks at the end of the evening (I believe because we were obviously so embarrassed by our total cluelessness). 

No comments:

Post a Comment