Friday, January 7, 2011

France is better after a nap.

Hello, dear friends.

As you know, I am a simple creature.  This was true in America, and it is true here.  As long as some basic needs are met, I am a sunny, happy woman (although how "sunny and happy" translate here is, obviously, yet to be seen).

Flight over was fine.  There were movies.  There were no screaming children.  Food was served.  Thus, contentment.

But the downside of packing your life into five suitcases is that said suitcases need to be transported, and since there were no complimentary packmules available, this task fell to the Adoring Husband and I (ok, mostly to AH).  Making it through the futuristic yet run down tubes o;f Charles de Gaulle with Lord knows how many pounds of luggage (OK, less than 50- thanks, mom!) strapped to my back: grumpiness.  Lack of sleep on the airplane coupled with my body's utter confusion that is 3:00 in the morning and, as I am not filled up with whiskey, I should be asleep: increasing grumpiness.

Grumpiness briefly lifted when I hear woman on train actually utter the phrase "Ohh la la."

Grumpiness resumed while lugging obscene amounts of baggage uphill, in the rain towards our B&B.  Grumpiness peaks when told by proprietor that, having not been properly informed of our coming by her son (Jon's boss), we need to make other arrangements in less than a week.

There is, however, a reason that I relate to small children well: our needs are much the same (minus said whiskey).  And after a nap, AH and I are ready to explore our little suburb.  If I can get some pizza and wine in my belly, I'm optimistic that full happiness will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment